SLIPSTOPPERS… step by step, saving lives, one less slip at a time.
The focus should be on prevention, not compensation:
What is SLIPSTOPPERS™?
- SLIPSTOPPERS™ is a non-profit program specifically created for the awareness and the evention of slip and fall accidents.
- SLIPSTOPPERS™ will inform and educate the general-public on the seriousness of slip and fall accidents.
- SLIPSTOPPERS™ is much like CRIMESTOPPERS, however, instead of reporting a crime or criminal, a person will be able to report a potential slip and fall hazard and location.
Who are SLIPSTOPPERS™?
They will be comprised of representatives from flooring safety specialists, along with Health workers, Medical Doctors, Firefighters, Politicians, Retailers, Senior Associations, and concerned citizens within each community.
Who created SLIPSTOPPERS™ and why?
- Global Safe Technologies Inc., the originators of Project SLIPSTOPPERS™, is a professional company, with over 100 years of management experience, dedicated to and directly involved in the anti-slip industry.
- Global Safe Technologies Inc. has gathered and documented some very disturbing statistics, SEE ABOVE, which show slip and fall accidents are increasing at a steady pace, and in fact are now the second leading cause of accidental death in North America, behind automobile accidents.
- The average person is generally unaware or poorly informed of potential slip-fall hazards, both in their home and at work.
- Project SLIPSTOPPERS™ was born to address these issues.
What is the role of the SLIPSTOPPERS™?
The coalitions will have a very important role within their communities. They will coordinate and implement educational programs for the general-public.
Examples of some of these educational programs are:
- Awareness seminars to the Youth through local Schools.
- Awareness campaign to the community with the assistance of local Firefighters.
- Awareness seminars to the seniors with the assistance of the Seniors Associations.
- Awareness campaign to the general-public with the assistance of local Retailers.
Who will become SLIPSTOPPERS™?
- Global Safe Technologies Inc. will be seeking the assistance of non-profit organizations, which are dedicated towards public health and safety, to partner and help promote the SLIPSTOPPERS™ awareness campaign.
- SLIPSTOPPERS™ Coalitions will be formed between Global Safe Technologies Inc. and these organizations within communities throughout North America, and eventually in communities throughout the world.
How will these SLIPSTOPPERS™ Coalitions work?
- The raising of funds required to help promote SLIPSTOPPERS™ will flow directly through these non-profit organizations.
- Authorized representatives of SLIPSTOPPERS will work with these Coalitions to build expertise within the community and encourage support for the program.
- SLIPSTOPPERS™ Coalitions should convene at least once a month to discuss progress of the slip-fall prevention program within their community, and shall report their progress to a special Task Force. The special Task Force will monitor and offer support to the SLIPSTOPPERS™ coalitions, when needed.